We support HV operators by providing them with reliable and advanced interconnector solutions
To satisfy the growing need for interconnections, and meet the requirements of public and private operators involved in such projects - whether they are interested in turnkey solutions or not - the requirements are the same: both types of actors are looking for support and advice, advanced R&D solutions and consulting capabilities, security of supply and delivery and - vitally - reliability of their partners and risk reduction.
Most interconnectors are sourced including installation as part of a turnkey package, making turnkey capacities on the part of the supplier absolutely essential.
Apart from integrated solutions, operators require full support from early stages over the full lifetime of the project.
- Ability to deliver complete turnkey solutions (or part of a project) on time and according to all specifications (with references and warranties)
- Complete cable laying, burial and protection capabilities, including our brand new vessel Nexans Aurora
- Design engineering and layout optimization based on advanced modelling
- Strong ability to support customers globally and locally with dedicated local teams
- End-to-end EPCI operational model and contracts to support cost-effectiveness
- Advanced Business Continuity solutions to ensure customers continuity of operations
Electrifying the world in a safer, durable, more sustainable way not only requires additional power capacity from renewable sources - it also relies on a growing number of advanced, reliable interconnections that can transport more power over longer distances offshore and onshore, allowing energy exchange between communities or countries.
Subsea HVDC interconnectors play a strategic role in transnational grid connections. By increasing connectivity between national power grids, supply and demand of electricity can be matched at transnational and inter-regional level.
This stabilizes countries’ power supply, reduces outages, shortages and price fluctuations, and is key to harnessing the full potential of renewable sources, which are characterized by fluctuating output levels.
- Clear understanding of customer needs and knowledge of the business
- Getting to know customers over multi-year tender processes
- Pioneering expertise in deep-sea and complex interconnector projects
- Worldwide leader in HV DC technology, tested and qualified up to 525kV (more than 2,500 km delivered), and HV AC cable designs that withstand high mechanical stress
- Best-in-class partners
Committed on reliability
The need to connect international grids to enhance power transmission flexibility as well as the need to integrate a wide range of decarbonized, renewable sources into the energy mix, requires highly specialized products and knowledge. For example, as wind farms move further from the shore and grow in size, they need to transition from AC to DC cables to transmit large amounts of energy over large distances.
For TSOs, avoiding any technological or logistical issues in the process is key. Faults in subsea power cables introduce significant repair and re-deployment costs, driving demand for proven, field-hardened products as well as state-of-the-art business continuity solutions.
Demand for 100% reliable partners makes the barrier to entry for newcomers on the subsea interconnector market very high – as very few cable players can meet the expectations of this demanding market.
- Worldwide track record in delivering the longest and biggest HV export cables, without faults or unexpected delivery delays
- Project management excellence
- Unmatched reliability and durability of our HV DC, Mass Impregnated paper insulated and XLPE cables
- Strong ability to design, test and provide unique cables and cabling solutions tailored to your needs… and to quickly provide repairs, years or decades after initial delivery
- Extensive warranties, crystal-clear service agreements and processes
- Reduced and monitored carbon footprint
Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Ivory Coast
- North West Africa