Power networks - Land HV
Jicable - HVDC 2021 SymposiumOct 29, 2021
From November 8 to 10, Nexans participates in Jicable HVDC'21, the International Symposium on HVDC Cable Systems, in Liège (Belgium).
Jicable is an international conference organised every 4 years to promote scientific and technical exchanges within the insulated power cables field, both submarine and land.
This 3rd edition will include conferences, tutorials, technical visits and a poster session for young researchers.
Main topics include:
- Design, manufacturing and testing of HVDC cables and accessories
- Integration of HVDC cable systems in an existing UHV network
- Cost-benefit of HVDC links over the complete life cycle of projects.
Don't miss Nexans contribution to the conference!
- On November 9, during Session 1, Espen DOEDENS (Nexans Norway) will present "The evolution of leakage currents during HVDC prequalification tests"
- In Session 2, Markus JARVID (Nexans Norway) sheds a light on a "Full scale cable degassing study on baskets and drums"
- Further presenters include Elia (Belgium), RTE (France), Tennet (Germany), the Supergrid Institute, Universities from China, Korea, Japan and others.
The full technical program can be found here
To know more about tutorials, young researchers poster sessions and technical visits, please check the HVDC'21 website.
Select your country to find our products and solutions