We support growth and success of offshore wind while reducing complexity and costs...
The global energy transition will enable a sustainable economy and combat climate change. As the world electrifies, we see an exponential increase in demand for electricity from renewable energy sources. The wind of change is blowing offshore more than anywhere else: this unlimited sustainable source of power will provide 200GW of additional capacity in the coming decade.
Harnessing wind power to its full potential will require projects to move further offshore, go deeper into the ocean or float, thereby becoming even more complex and demanding in terms of technology and execution.
Nexans’ Offshore Wind capabilities are extensive and ever-evolving, ranging from products to project management and software solutions to services, from investment in installation capabilities via our new laying vessel Nexans Aurora, to inspection, maintenance and repair services in the most difficult conditions.
The depth of our capabilities enables us to provide dedicated tailored turnkey solutions to our customers.
- Fully integrated solutions, including cables, accessories and advanced services
- Ability to deliver turnkey solutions or part of a project
- Dedicated, specific solutions
- Full set of innovations
- Complete cable laying and protection capabilities
- End-to-end EPCI operational model and contracts
- Advanced Business Continuity Solutions
As an electrification specialist, Nexans is focused on meeting the ever-increasing demands, providing customers with turnkey solutions that offer reduced carbon footprint, while helping with permits and local community outreach.
Our experience in meeting the specific challenges of the offshore wind sector is matched only by the experience we have gained over decades of pioneering global electrification.
Our expertise is not only technical - it extends to understanding customer and stakeholder needs through close engagement. Developing this understanding starts years before a project is actually awarded, allowing us to truly grasp the unique characteristics of each project and how it fits into our customers’ wider businesses.
- Pioneer in deep-sea and far-from-shore projects
- Clear understanding of customer needs and knowledge of the business
- Strong capability to support customers globally and locally with dedicated local teams
- Best-in-class partners
Excellence in execution
We enable our customers to focus on electrifying the future, secured by our project management and excellence in execution, and our unequalled capabilities, however complex or far afield their project.
At the forefront of industry best practices with end-to-end solutions and a unique track record, including the first commercial floating wind farm, we offer a complete range of products and services, encompassing everything from cables and software programs to project management, services and business continuity solutions.
Staying ahead of these evolutions will require additional investments in R&D and state-of-the-art capabilities, stronger expertise and greater excellence in execution. Being able to manage vastly increased project complexity and risks and ensure projects come in time and on budget will be compulsory.
- Unmatched track record in offshore wind and subsea cable projects
- Complete cable laying, burial and protection capabilities, including our brand new vessel Nexans Aurora
- Project management excellence and reliable solutions
- Grid monitoring / early warnings
- Reducing carbon footprint
- Bureau Veritas Certification, demonstrating our operational excellence, and that of our partners
Bringing renewable energy for an increasing demand
WHAT'S WATT: Offshore Wind Farms, the sailors of energy
Installation Capabilities & Services
Nexans is present with cable solutions in approx. 50% of the wind farms in Europe with a total installed capacity of 25 GW (2020 figures), and plans to further develop the business to extend its presence all over the world with ever higher-performing cable solutions.
Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Ivory Coast
- North West Africa