MARKETPower networks - Subsea
- A new 132 kV power grid connection between the Abu Dhabi mainland and the island of Delma by use of subsea and underground cables. The island of Delma is approximately 30 km from the mainland in the Arabian Gulf.
- In order to meet the increasing power needs of the islands' 10,000 inhabitants and local industrial activities, a new 100 MW had to be established.
- Nexans performed the underwater study for a subsea cable over a 40.5 km stretch.
- Nexans manufactured and installed two 3-core132 kV XLPE cables with a cross-section of 3x300 mm2.
- A total of 81 km of cable were supplied together with optical fiber cables for controlling and monitoring both circuits.
- At the time, this was the longest 3-core 132 kV XLPE cable supplied by Nexans in a single length.
- Installed by C/S Nexans Skagerrak and trenched/protected by use of the Capjet system.
Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Ivory Coast
- North West Africa