Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Central Europe
- France - Power Accessories
- Germany - Cryogenic Systems
- Italy Intercond
- Sweden - Axjo Kabel
- UK - Eshop
- UK - Power Accessories
Telecom networks - Infrastructures
Key challenges for 5G indoor coverage and hybrid solutionsDec 12, 2019
5G coverage, hybrid solutions, cyber security, smart homes are some among many challenges that have to be considered by the telecoms industry. The Hellenic Branch of FITCE (federation of national associations of ICT, Telecoms and Media experts for European countries) organised a conference dedicated to Innovative Services and Technologies in the ICT sector on 12th December 2019.
Key topics were addressed such as IoT (platforms and applications, cyber security, Smart Home) and mobile communications (5G and FTTH strategy, millimetre wave spectrum, indoor coverage, European infrastructures, hybrid solutions, fronthaul optical architectures).
Nexans shared its expertise, alongside other industry stakeholders such as OTE, Adaptit, Wind Hellas, Intralot, Deutsche Telekom, Deloitte Analytics, etc.
From left to right: Andreas Kapsis, Mr Kostantinos Sidiropoulos (president of FITCE Hellas), Jean-Jacques Sage and George Kyrmoutsos.
Jean-Jacques Sage, Marketing and Innovation Director of Telecom Infrastructure, delivered Nexans’ view regarding two major 5G topics: the challenge of indoor coverage and the site infrastructures options.
Watch the executive summary:
SPEECH #1: The 4G/5G indoor coverage challenge
- 80% of the mobile data traffic is generated indoor
- The 5G new spectrum, combined with architectural building designs, makes indoor wave propagation very difficult
- Implementing indoor coverage is a must
- Which type of indoor 5G-ready infrastructure to build for indoors?
SPEECH #2: 5G INFRASTRUCTURE & THE PANACEA HYBRID SOLUTIONS BUT NOT FOR SITE INSTALLATION
- Typical fronthaul architecture
- Small and macro cell sites have different technical requirements and market dynamics
- Hybrid cable solution brings significant advantages and represents the installation panacea…
- …but not for every site, especially small cells