Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Central Europe
- France - Power Accessories
- Germany - Cryogenic Systems
- Italy Intercond
- Sweden - Axjo Kabel
- UK - Eshop
- UK - Power Accessories
Nexans celebrates the recognition of its CSR performanceFeb 20, 2019
From developing products and services with minimised impact on the environment and improving workplace safety to adopting stricter environmental norms and ensuring compliance with the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, Nexans has been reinforcing its commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) with dedicated initiatives implemented across the Group.
Nexans’ CSR performance is regularly assessed and recognised by its stakeholders, including non-financial rating agencies. This year, Nexans has reached new milestones across a panel of ratings, including being referenced, for the first time, as one of the global leaders fighting against climate change by Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP).
The CDP is a non-profit organization dedicated to studying the impact of the world's leading companies on climate change. Nexans is proud to have improved in several areas in the 2018 rating and to be referenced on the CDP’s “Climate Change A List”. The achievement of an overall A rating in CDP places Nexans amongst just 126 companies on List A worldwide and only 22 companies in France.
In addition to the CDP, Nexans’ CSR performance was recognised by a number of other non-financial rating agencies:
- ISS Oekom attributed a B- rating to Nexans, up from C+ in 2017. The best rating in the sector being B, the Group has obtained Prime status. At the end of 2018, Nexans was ranked 11th out of 80 in the Electronic Components sector.
- Sustainalytics gave a score of 71% (compared to 63% in 2017), which allows the Group to be ranked 11th out of 43 in its sector.
- MSCI attributed a BBB rating to the Group, up from BB rating in 2017 and 2016, which places the Group on the 9th position in its sector.
- EcoVadis attributed the 72% "Advanced" rating (compared to 68% in 2016 and 2015). The Group has thus obtained the EcoVadis "CSR Commitment" Gold level label, becoming one of the top 5% of companies evaluated by the rating agency.