Nexans brings together Nordic Energy Leaders to combat climate change at its second annual Nexans Climate DaySep 21, 2021
- The event follows the success of the Nexans Climate Day in Paris in 2020.
- Nexans will gather some of the foremost figures of the energy sector in the Nordic region to discuss how we make sustainable electrification a reality.
- Demand for electricity is set to increase by at least 40% by 2040.
Paris, September 21st, 2021 – Today, Nexans, a major player in the fight against global warming and leading the energy transition, will host its second Climate Day in Stockholm. Designed as a free debate between those who will design the electrification of the future, the Nexans Climate Day “Sustainable electrification – Making Climate Vision a Reality” will bring together global energy experts to discuss the challenges in driving the sustainable electrification of the world, and the key role of the energy sector in the fight against climate change:
- The transition from oil and gas to renewables - how big will offshore wind and solar energy become?
- The risk of electricity shortages in the context of a requred total of €4.4 trillion investment by 2030 to address aging power grids and electrification challenges globally
- The Swedish regional strategy on electrification
The keynote speech will be delivered by Tomas Kåberger, Professor of Industrial Energy Policy at Chalmers University of Technology, and former Director General of the Swedish Energy Agency. Other speakers include:
- Christopher Guérin, CEO of Nexans
- Annika Viklund, Senior Vice President and Head of Business Area Distribution Vattenfall
- Ulrik Stridbaek, Vice President and Head of Group regulatory Affairs: Ørsted,
- Ragnhild Katteland, Executive Vice President, Subsea & Land Systems Business Group, Nexans
- Vincent Dessale, Chief operation Officer and Senior Executive Vice President of Building & Territories Northern business Group, Nexans
- Anna Werner, CEO Solar Energy Association of Sweden
Christopher Guérin, CEO of Nexans, said: “Innovation holds the key to solving our climate crisis and achieving net zero will require big changes to the global energy system. The energy transition is not only about new ways of generating electricity - it is also about new ways of using it. Demand for electricity is expected to increase 40% by 2040 - the opportunities are huge, but so are the risks. What will our new energy systems look like? What roadblocks are in our way? How can we transition safely without any stops in services for consumers? Will resources for materials last? The Nordics are at the forefront of this transition, therefore it is only right that we are here in Stockholm today. Nexans Climate Day will open these debates to structure collective industry thinking around the answers that could be provided. Only together can we ensure that any future energy system is sustainable and economical.”
To know more on the Nexans Climate Day in Sweden please visit the website here.
 Cable Market for Utilities, by ROLAND BERGER, commissioned by Nexans, February 2021.
Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Central Europe
- France - Power Accessories
- Germany - Cryogenic Systems
- Italy Intercond
- Sweden - Axjo Kabel
- UK - Eshop
- UK - Power Accessories