Mixed General Shareholders’ Meeting held on May 14, 2013: Adoption of all resolutions proposed to vote
Paris, May 14, 2013 – Nexans’ Mixed General Shareholders’ Meeting, held on May 14, 2013, has approved all resolutions proposed to vote. The results of the vote will be available online on Nexans’ website at www.nexans.com/2013asm in the coming days.
The shareholders approved in particular resolutions related to:
- the renewal as director for a four-year term of Mr. Jérôme Gallot, independent director, and of Mr. Francisco Pérez Mackenna, candidate proposed by Madeco, the Group’s main shareholder;
- the appointment for a four-year term of Mr Andrónico Luksic Craig, candidate proposed by Madeco to replace the late Mr Guillermo Luksic Craig.
The shareholders approved the payment of a dividend of 0.50 euro per share, to be paid on May 22, 2013 (ex-dividend date: May 17, 2013 at the opening of NYSE Euronext Paris).
The replay of the General Meeting with an English translation will be available soon on Nexans’ website at www.nexans.com.
- May 30, 2013: Individual shareholder information meeting in Lille
- July 25, 2013: 2013 First-half financial results (pre-market)
- October 23, 2013: Third quarter 2013 sales figures
- November 26, 2013: Individual shareholder information meeting in Bordeaux*
* Tentative date subject to change
With energy at the basis of its development, Nexans, worldwide expert in the cable industry, offers an extensive range of cables and cabling solutions. The Group is a global player in the energy transmission and distribution, industry and building markets. Nexans addresses a wide series of market segments: from energy and telecom networks to energy resources (wind turbines, photovoltaic, oil and gas, and mining) to transportation (shipbuilding, aerospace, automotive and automation, and railways). Nexans is a responsible industrial company that regards sustainable development as integral to its global and operational strategy. Continuous innovation in products, solutions and services, employee development and commitment, customer orientation and the introduction of safe industrial processes with limited environmental impact are among the key initiatives that place Nexans at the core of a sustainable future. With an industrial presence in 40 countries and commercial activities worldwide, Nexans employs 25,000 people and had sales in 2012 of nearly 7.2 billion euros. Nexans is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris, compartment A.