Nexans’ 2009 Registration document - Shareholders’ Meeting of May 25, 2010
Paris, April 8, 2010 – Nexans’ 2009 Registration document has been registered with the AMF (Autorités des Marchés Financiers) on April 8th, 2010. It is available to the public in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and is available online on Nexans’ website (www.nexans.com, Finance section / Regulatory required information / Annual Report) and on the AMF website (www.amf-france.org).
The 2009 Registration document includes the annual financial report, the Chairman’s report prepared in accordance with article L. 225-37 paragraph 6 of the Commercial Code in connection with corporate governance, internal control and risk management, the statutory auditors’ reports and the information related to their fees.
Nexans 2010 Shareholders’ Meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 at 3.00 pm in the auditorium of the Quai Branly Museum (37, quai Branly – Paris 7ème).
The Board proposes to the shareholders among others:
- The payment of a dividend of 1 euro per share, to be paid on June 2nd, 2010 (Ex-dividend date: May 28th, 2010);
- The renewal, for a four-year term, of the directors’ mandates of Gérard Hauser and François Polge de Combret;
- The appointment as new director, for a four-year term, of Mrs Véronique Guillot-Pelpel. Véronique Guillot-Pelpel held the position of Director of Human Resources and Communications for the Group between 2006 and 2008 and had previously held the position of Communication Director for the Group between 2000 and 2006. Mrs. Guillot-Pelpel was a member of Nexans’ Executive Committee from October 1, 2001 until she left the Group in 2008.
Documents and information related to this Meeting may be consulted by the shareholders in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. They will be available online on Nexans’ website (www.nexans.com, Finance section / Regulatory required information / Shareholders' Meeting 2010).
The publication in the Bulletin des Annonces Légales Obligatoires (BALO) of the notice of this Mixed Shareholders’ Meeting, including the agenda, the text of the proposed resolutions and the conditions for participating and voting at this Meeting is planned on Monday April 12. This notice will be available online in the same Internet section. The notice of this Mixed Shareholders’ Meeting, including in particular the agenda, the text of the proposed resolutions and the report of the Board of Directors on the proposed resolutions will also be available online on Nexans’ website.
A live transmission of the Shareholders’ Meeting with an English translation shall be accessible on Nexans web site (www.nexans.com).
2010 Financial calendar
- April 22nd, 2010: First-quarter 2010 financial information
- May 25, 2010: General Shareholders’ Meeting
- May 31, 2010: Shareholders information meeting in Biarritz*
- July 28, 2010: 2010 Half Year Results
(* Approximate date to be confirmed.)
With energy as the basis of its development, Nexans, the worldwide leader in the cable industry, offers an extensive range of cables and cabling systems. The Group is a global player in the infrastructure, industry, building and Local Area Network markets. Nexans addresses a series of market segments from energy, transport and telecom networks to shipbuilding, oil and gas, nuclear power, automotive, electronics, aeronautics, handling and automation. With an industrial presence in 39 countries and commercial activities worldwide, Nexans employs 22,700 people and had sales in 2009 of 5 billion euros. Nexans is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris, compartment A. More information on www.nexans.com.