WHAT'S WATT: The Electricity channel
In our WHAT’S WATT video series we discuss everything there is to discuss about electricity, from those little neurons in your brain to today’s biggest hydroelectric stations. We talk about energy, transmission lines and new emerging technologies. If it has to do with electricity, we got it covered!
A big thank you to our followers from Season 1: it encourages us to continue the adventure of sharing our passion for electricity with all generations!
Learn more about this:
Season 2: watt’s in it?
The season will run from October to June – with one episode broadcasted every 3 weeks, and will bring some changes: more Nexans experts, more special guests - among which skipper Fabrice Amedeo, more science kids and even fantastic rockin’ Nexans bands playing AC/DC like hell!
We will cover incredible topics such as electricity in space, the high-tech behind a race boat, how much electricity datacenters use, and a special visit on the Nexans Aurora: a vessel that will literally blow your mind!
Why a channel about electricity?
- We want to share our passion for electricity
- Electricity is everywhere: sometimes we forget it even exists
- Understanding electricity is understanding how our world operates
- Making the invisible visible: we will make electricity visible for you
- Electricity is filled with all sorts of fun facts
- There is so much science in electricity
- Our future depends on electricity
On our WHAT’S WATT channel we broadcast videos about electricity every three weeks for a full season running from October to June.
Tips from the community
- Remember to activate the subtitles so that you can watch What’s Watt in your language
- Like, share, comment and subscribe to the channel
- Activate the bell to be alerted when new content comes out.
In the latest episode, Frédéric deepens his analysis of Superconductors, their super powers, and the super purpose they serve!
WHAT'S WATT Podcast: listen now
Meet Frédéric Lesur, our Nexans science expert, who hosts the video series and regularly invites special guests and Nexans experts.
- Frédéric Lesur is Senior Engineer, High Voltage Cable Systems & Power Grids at Nexans and a member of international organizations and scientific working groups since 1994
- Frédéric is fond of science popularization: he is involved in different educational projects and scientific networks, and is a contributor to the biggest science festival in the world: “Pint of Science”
- Frédéric has a passion for electricity and airships, and a real concern about saving our planet.
Select your country to find our products and solutions