1 scorecard and 3 pillars
The Group’s CSR strategy is a major tool for ensuring Nexan’s long-term resilience and competitiveness in the face of multiple crises on a global scale — climate change, the population crisis, social and economic crises, biodiversity, etc. The aim behind the CSR strategy is to define a sustainable business model.
The three pillars of our CSR policy
The three pillars of our CSR policy for a sustainable future are based on three priority areas which are themselves orchestrated around nine goals.
Therefore, the whole policy brings together the challenges and risks on which Nexans is focusing its CSR efforts.
Taking care of our staff and building a diverse and inclusive work environment for all.Why join Nexans
• Safety in the workplace: guaranteeing health and safety on site
• Human capital: developing men and women as a source of corporate success
• CSR awareness: mobilising staff around CSR issues
Commit to reducing the carbon impact on the planet in innovative waysContributing to the energy transition
• Environmental management: maintaining a high level of environmental management
• Circular economy: reducing the volume of production waste, generating revenue through products and services that contribute to the energy transition and energy efficiency, increasing the share of recyclable and connected cable drums
• Climate: reducing our impact on the climate and improving our share of renewable, carbon-free energy
Sharing our values and highest ethical standards with all our stakeholdersA common culture
• Business ethics: maintaining a compliant framework and sound business practices
• Stakeholders: maintaining sustainable relationships with our stakeholders
• Nexans Foundation: promoting access to energy for disadvantaged communities
These three priority areas are linked to a set of key performance indicators which make it possible to assess and report on the progress made. These CSR priorities include the SDGs defined by the United Nations, which the Group has subscribed to since 2008 when it joined the Global Compact.
The nine CSR goals are managed by various dedicated reference persons through a 2020-2023 roadmap which specifies the key performance indicators and the associated objectives.
The CSR performance of our approach is regularly assessed and recognised by our stakeholders, and in particular by the non-financial rating agencies.
Accident frequency rate
women managers (at senior level)
of ISO 14001-certified sites
Select your country to find our products and solutions