In the electrification value chain, transmission and distribution grids are essential links to support increasing energy demand and our day-to-day power usage. To ensure continuous energy supply, avoid costly power outages and shutdowns, and foster the development of renewable energy, High Voltage power transmission systems need to accommodate and connect an ever-wider variety of power sources, while ensuring reliability all along the line.
We can support you in upgrading specifications in the smartest possible way to assure more sustainable system characteristics. This encompasses everything from design, delivery lengths, dry accessories, line losses, and installation.
Nexans can interconnect your land and sea assets and meet all your requirements with our complete range of services and solutions. This includes numerous digital applications, such as electrical asset management software and advanced detection and monitoring systems. We can also propose unique innovative solutions, such as superconducting systems especially designed for dense urban environments.
- Fully integrated solutions, including cables, cabling solutions and advanced services
- Perfect mastery of subsea and land interfacing
- Complete range of cables and accessories for HV overhead lines and underground connections, including XLPE cables and accessories and Mass Impregnated paper cables
- High voltage accessory systems developed and qualified, from 72.5 to 550 kV, as well as 170-kV dry flexible terminations and anti-explosion terminations up to 420 kV.
- Innovative and pioneer technologies - such as superconducting cables - developed in-house by Nexans
- Advanced design and testing capabilities, to answer our customers’ specifications and requirements + preliminary studies and network simulation, installation and commissioning
- Unique business continuity services to ensure continuity of activities and peace of mind for customers,
Nexans can support all of your HV projects and cabling requirements in a reliable, flexible and cost-effective way, through product innovation, expanded services, optimization, and proven approaches to realizing economies of scale.
Gradually reshaping transmission grids, to make them even more flexible and smarter is essential to allowing higher transmission capacities - up to 2GW in a few years. As offshore and onshore power generation increases, so should the robustness of the entire system.
In this new electrified world, everything from vast power plants, large windfarms and solar parks to all ‘micro-systems’ (such as small thermal and solar power installations) need to be coupled with new, high capacity storage and interconnection technologies.
- Clear understanding of TSO’s and DSO’s challenges and expectations
- Longstanding relationships
- Ability to support customers at early stages of projects
- Strong capability to support customers globally and locally, with dedicated teams
Traditional methods of operating a power utility - split into generation, transmission and distribution parts - are being replaced by more integrated approaches. And this deregulation is continuously pushing for more interconnections and requires better monitoring of the network.
In this context, ensuring High Voltage transmission reliability and grid stability is essential from a technical and economic point of view. Connection joints and the best possible accessories, along with robust basic components, are crucial to maintaining and improving this reliability and prevent outages. But if shutdowns occur, anticipation and quick repairs are all the more important.
You can de-risk projects and ensure monitoring, fault tracking and repairs are handled as rapidly and efficiently as possible thanks to our advanced business continuity capabilities and land transmission offerings.
- Safest overhead and underground solutions designed, tested and commissioned in house
- Reliable installation partners
- Complete business continuity solutions including asset monitoring, preparedness and crisis management
- Dedicated teams able to give advice and implement fault finding, preventive or curative maintenance in your networks
- 24/7 emergency repair agreements
- Reduced and constantly monitored carbon footprint
Our innovative conductors support the energy transition
In developing and building robust national electricity transmission systems, TSO's strive to find responsible and economically efficient solutions, trying to limit the construction of new infrastructure: they prefer to optimize and upgrade the existing infrastructure where possible.
Where overhead lines exist, they will prefer to install additional or new conductors in order to transmit more electricity.
Based on these customer requirements for ever higher capacities to be transmitted, our dedicated teams developed a full range of overhead lines, needed to secure high voltage grids. This allows TSO's to preserve their existing infrastructure of towers while replacing the conductors with new ones integrating the latest transmission technologies.
Nexans considers that continuous training is essential for the safety at high voltage work sites.The health and safety of those who work on sites - both service providers and Nexans personnel - are key priorities.
The Nexans High Voltage Training Center in Calais, created in 2006, aims to train all players in high voltage from 60 kV to 500 kV ... and more
- More than 180 training sessions deployed for its employees and customers across more than 20 countries
- Standard courses as well as dedicated and tailored modules according to needs. These training courses can be theoretical and / or practical
- The necessary facilities are available on our site in Calais but the HVTC also has the ability to deliver training at work sites or in our customers' premises
Select your country to find our products and solutions