Complete, reliable cable solutions and services at the core of onshore complex oil and gas projects
The oil and gas industry is continuing to reduce costs, improve efficiency, and exploit new fields. Non-conventional oil reserves, like the Alberta oil sands, and “heavy” oil in Saudi Arabia, Venezuela and Kuwait are becoming financially viable using new extraction techniques, including Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR).
Gas exploitation is equally innovative, including shale gas in the US and “sour” gas in Abu Dhabi.
Downstream there is a continuing evolution in refineries and petrochemicals. Many producing countries are anxious to add value to their product instead of just selling “’crude” and are building new state-of-the-art facilities for refining operations and the production of plastics. This includes the Middle East, India, China and Brazil.
At the same time big investments are being made in pipelines: Nord Stream, Kazakhstan-China, Yamal-Europe, Nabucco, the Trans-Saharan, etc. Continuing gas growth is also driving expenditure on compression stations, gas-to-liquid processing plants, and loading and unloading terminals.
Onshore facilities need energy and control cables which can operate under aggressive conditions (intense heat and cold), while protecting workers, infrastructure and the environment. They also demand reliable telecommunications, often over long distances, to assure safe and efficient operations. “Smart wells” need remote management capability through sensor, instrumentation and control cables, and extended WANs and LANs.
What do you expect from a cable manufacturer?
- full range of cables for energy, control, and data
- special cables for exploration, exploitation, refineries and petrochemicals
- high-reliability and low-maintenance for continuous production
- cables that can operate in both Arctic and desert conditions
- technologies for pipelines, tanker LNG transfer, storage
- innovative solutions to meet the challenge of deep-well drilling
- multicultural technical services for international projects
- environmental friendliness and safety
Nexans is present at every level of oil and gas production, providing a wide range of energy and telecom cables for onshore exploration, production and distribution, as well as for refinery and petrochemical infrastructure.
Nexans takes an integrated approach to your needs
- cables for all applications, from exploration and production to transport and refining
- full range of LV/MV/HV power cables for wells, treatment plants, platforms and refineries
- simulation and network planning for entire oil and gas and refinery complexes
- advanced fiber/copper WANs and LANs for land installations
- standard and interconnective solutions for high availability worldwide
- high performance in tough conditions, including heat, cold, “mud,” and oil
- installation expertise for remote land locations
- reduced weight and volume through XLPE cable designs
- Training and Through-Life Support (TLS) from installation to maintenance
- superior fire-reaction and resistance to safeguard people and equipment
Select your country to find our products and solutions