LOCATIONNorway & the Netherlands
MARKETPower networks - Subsea
- To supply and install a subsea cable between Norway (Kvinesdal) and the Netherlands (Eemshaven) for the NorNed connection to improve reliability of supply in both countries.
- NorNed should have a maximum capacity of 700 MW to improve the reliability of the power supply to both Norway and the Netherlands, and to stabilize power prices.
- Nexans supplied two 156 km long mass-impregnated HVDC cables with a voltage of 450 kV. The cables were laid at a depth of 410 meters.
- At 2 x 580 kilometers, in 2008, the cables between Kvinesdal in Norway and Eemshaven in the Netherlands were the world's longest subsea cables.
- C/S Nexans Skagerrak laid all the cables and performed protection work by using Nexans' Capjet system.
Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Central Europe
- France - Power Accessories
- Germany - Cryogenic Systems
- Italy Intercond
- Sweden - Axjo Kabel
- UK - Eshop
- UK - Power Accessories