MARKETPower networks - Subsea
- To supply a subsea cable to establish a new 115 kV power grid between mainland Thailand at Khanom and the island of Koh Samui.
- Due to increasing tourism, the power requirement is likely to increase by 10-15% per annum.
- Koh Samui lies approximately 15 km from Khanom in the Gulf of Thailand. The power connection should have a capacity of 100 MW, thereby nearly doubling capacity to the island and meeting the increasing need for electricity in the region.
- Nexans manufactured 54 km of 115 kV 3-core XLPE cable and associated equipment.
- The cable consists of 3x 500 mm² copper cores and one 24 fiber element, It was produced in the factory in Halden and completed in November 2012.
Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Central Europe
- France - Power Accessories
- Germany - Cryogenic Systems
- Italy Intercond
- Sweden - Axjo Kabel
- UK - Eshop
- UK - Power Accessories