Near-invisible overhead lines for Statnett project
MARKETPower networks - Land HV
Statnett has energised a 68 km overhead transmission line connecting central Norway to western Norway, in order to reduce the energy deficit in central Norway.
- 8.5 km of the line runs through a protected nature reserve and needed to be ‘invisible’, making it more acceptable to local residents.
- A unique surface treatment to manufacture the green coloured aluminum wires helps blending the conductors in with the environment. Other colours are feasible.
- The coating has no adverse effect on the aluminum wire substrate, the conductors remain easy to connect and the colour will not deteriorate over time.
Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Central Europe
- France - Power Accessories
- Germany - Cryogenic Systems
- Italy Intercond
- Sweden - Axjo Kabel
- UK - Eshop
- UK - Power Accessories