Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Central Europe
- France - Power Accessories
- Germany - Cryogenic Systems
- Italy Intercond
- Sweden - Axjo Kabel
- UK - Eshop
- UK - Power Accessories
Capacity requirements on the rise
Globally, the transmission of sound, TV and internet traffic is placing increasing demands on capacity.
Wherever people are in the world, there is now an expectation of full coverage and access to data transmission capacity, both offshore and in areas that previously lacked broadband connections. More cable connections therefore need to be installed to meet these requirements.
Need for high-quatlity communication solutions
The offshore industry's need for high-quality communications solutions is on the rise. Increasingly, control rooms are being moved onshore, from where they have to monitor and remotely operate applications on platforms, or, for example, wells, valves, cameras or other subsea equipment. Internet access requirements with broadband in cabins, camera monitoring, image transfers and work using helmet-mounted cameras are new application areas that are driving the need for high-speed transmission.
Connects communities, nations, islands and continents (transatlantic and over the Pacific Ocean) with fiber optic cables.
Nexans’ solutions connect local, regional and national networks. For submarine fiber-optical cables, we supply complete installations, from prequalification and design to custom production, logistics, installation and testing.
in one single cable
People can call simultaneously
Years of experience
World record for the number of fibers
Our submarine fiber-optical cables have from two fibers upwards in a single cable, with 24 or 48 fibers typically covering most needs. Nexans has the world record for the number of fibers - 768 in a bundled cable. Two fibers can cover phone calls between 300 million people simultaneously. Expectations of live images everywhere, over mobile phone for example, require the installation of optical fibers to all nodes in the network. Optical fiber is currently the only medium capable of carrying such massive volumes of data.
Broadband of the future
We are still in the early stages of the digital era and the capacity increase for local and regional bandwidth is expected to burgeon even more. Nexans supplies fiber-optical cables for international and regional networks with large numbers of fibers to allow our customers to meet this future demand.
Nexans' expertise - a solid foundation for development
- We have a century of solid experience from challenging maritime conditions behind us, not least due to Norway's 100,000 km long coastline. Each Norwegian has on average 20 metres of coastline to him or herself; compare that to the UK, Japan and Indonesia (0.25 metres per inhabitant) and Singapore and the USA (0.05 metres).
- From the very start of the Norwegian oil adventure, we have contributed to the development of communication and control solutions for oil and gas activities offshore.
- We have delivered solutions ranging from short lengths for river and fjord crossings to intercontinental interconnectors.
- We also supply cable accessories, including protective devices, branching units, anchoring and terminations.