Traditional and renewable energy generation, oil and gas, mining, the processing industry, shipbuilding and power plants are all dependent on medium-voltage motors, generators and drives. The latter enhance motor efficiency and optimize energy costs. Currently, the largest markets are the US, Brazil, Europe, China, India and the rest of Asia.
The challenges facing the industry depend greatly on optimizing flexible high-temperature cables to assure safe and reliable power connection and operation. There is a need for increased power density and faster start up (ignition) necessitating improved cable flexibility and lower partial discharges in insulations to prolong the lifetime of the cable.
All of this requires advanced cable design, engineering, and extensive services that only a time-proven cable manufacturer can provide.
What you expect from a cable manufacturer
As an OEM, energy system integrator, or specialized distributor you want a global cable partner who can provide you with high-end products and expertise to improve the performance and durability of your systems and equipment, including:
- A full range of flexible, high-temperature MV singlecore cables
- The right choice of conductors, platings and premium-quality silicone insulation
- Compactness and resistance to chemicals and oils
- Low smoke, minimal corrosive/toxic gases and fire-resistance
- Ongoing innovation to keep up with technical evolution
- International certifications and test approvals
- Technology to help optimize and reduce expensive copper
- Services: short lead times, prompt delivery, engineering, design input, electrical and thermal simulation, kits, supply chain and e-business tools
Nexans has been manufacturing a full range of high-performance medium-voltage SIWO-KUL® singlecore cables for over half a century for applications that require high flexibility in prolonged high-temperature conditions. We are also developing a competitive high-temperature cable for LV industrial motors.
SIWO-KUL® cables are mainly used in medium-voltage motors and generators for connecting stator coils to the terminal box. They are also vital elements for wind converters, transformers, solar power inverters and other MV/LV cabinets. In drives, silicone decreases copper cross-section and gives flexibility for compactness.
Nexans not only manufactures a customized product to fit your extra-tough specifications, we also provide expertise and an extensive service package to add value to your products and give you a competitive edge in the marketplace.
Outstanding features: adaptability, durability and performance
Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Central Europe
- France - Power Accessories
- Germany - Cryogenic Systems
- Italy Intercond
- Sweden - Axjo Kabel
- UK - Eshop
- UK - Power Accessories