Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Central Europe
- France - Power Accessories
- Germany - Cryogenic Systems
- Italy Intercond
- Sweden - Axjo Kabel
- UK - Eshop
- UK - Power Accessories
POWERMINE®: Customized cable solutions for reliable and efficient mining operations
Operational excellence and safety
To meet the extraction, loading and transport challenges of today’s mining companies, Nexans has developed POWERMINE® cables and cable solutions for both underground and open cast sites. Since high performance and reliable support are essential to economic efficiency, Nexans also provides numerous services based on our proven experience in the mining market.
NEXANS FOR OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE AND SAFETY
- Reliable, customized cable solutions to increase economic efficiency
- Built-in safety to handle short-circuits, fire, abrasion, impact, crush/breakage
- Designs for long free-hanging installations, extended links, and tough conditions
- High flexibility for the very mobile mining environment, underground and open cast
- Technical support for system engineering, fast-delivery, installation and problem-solving
- Pre-terminated sets, harnessing, splicing, onsite-repairs and maintenance
- Advanced testing facilities to ensure durability and worldwide certification
Reliability, performance and support
Nexans offers a wide range of cables, cabling systems and services as an opportunity for performance enhancement.
Underground coal cutter cables offer fire-resistance, durability and tensile strength, while loader/scooper cables allow electric trucks to travel long distances in galleries when conveyers are unavailable. Shaft and gallery cables are designed for easy installation and superior fire-performance to protect personnel and equipment. Drilling and tunneling cables give boring machines greater autonomy. Open cast cables absorb impact from trucks and machinery to guarantee nonstop power supply and reliable control for conveyers, excavators, pontoon-mounted dredgers, electric shovels and draglines.
For both kinds of mining, optical fiber/copper can be integrated for remote control, surveillance and monitoring, often using an active switch system to provide Power over Ethernet (PoE) to vital equipment. Nexans has also developed submersible cables to handle groundwater drainage, and fluorescent/reflective cables to guarantee the nighttime visibility of exposed cable. Mining-related services include testing, onsite repair, training for personnel, and programs to support environmental and social values.
Since easy-to-reach deposits are being depleted worldwide, exploration has moved farther afield to remote locations, often with desert or freezing conditions. Nexans high-performance cables are designed for challenging environments, and we can also advise about infrastructures beyond “pure mining applications” which are increasingly the responsibility of mining companies: like private communications and data networks; selfcontained electrical power distribution; short-link rail infrastructure; and material handling facilities for loading centers and ports
Sustainability is a concern, not only in terms of protecting present and future geological assets, but also in obtaining public support.
As a mining company, you would like to enhance your operational viability and social legitimacy, and this can only be done through modernization, industrialization and automating your infrastructure, always with worker and environmental safety in mind. Since cables are the only means of getting power to your electric mobile machines, they play an important part in your strategic planning.
What mining companies expect:
- Wide range of cables for all mining applications (power, control and data)
- Turnkey solutions to allow the complete outfitting of a mine
- Ruggedness, flexibility and longevity in very harsh environments
- Pre-terminated cable assemblies for fast installation
- Full compliance with world standards, including UL, CSA and MSHA
- Lab test services and on-site inspection
- Cable repair workshop and facilities (24/7 hotline)