The oil and gas industry is continuing to reduce costs, improve efficiency, and exploit new fields. The world is increasingly relying on offshore resources, and to ensure future supplies, it is also moving into deeper waters (3 kilometers and more).
Continuing oil and gas growth will drive expenditure on gas infrastructure, including pipelines, subsea template systems, smart well control systems and subsea processing. It will also stimulate new builds of FPSOs, Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs) and Multipurpose Support Vessels (MSVs).
Moving the control of subsea development onshore can greatly reduce operating expenses. However, it requires longer submarine energy cables and longer umbilicals.
Offshore “smart wells” need remote management capability through sensor, instrumentation and control cables, and extended WANs and LANs for application-sharing among wells and platforms.
What do you expect from a cable manufacturer?
- full range of cables for energy, control, and data
- high-reliability and low-maintenance for continuous production
- installation expertise in ultra-deep waters
- technologies for pipelines, tanker transfer, storage
- subsea power cables and umbilicals for pumps and processing
- subsea fiber-optic systems for communication and seafloor monitoring systems
- expertise and accessories for terminating subsea “trees”
- software capability to test dynamic riser solutions, especially in deeper waters
- environmental friendliness and safety in marine conditions
To answer these challenges, Nexans provides a complete range of cables and accessories for all of your offshore subsea projects.
Nexans is present at every level of oil and gas production, providing a wide range of energy and telecom cables for offshore exploration, production, processing, storage and transport. We are constantly improving installation techniques, as well as trenching and burying systems for cables on the seabed.
Our innovative technologies include long-length, deepwater power umbilicals to meet the rising power needs for pumps and subsea processing. Nexans also provides high-speed fiber and copper backbones for data transfer and remote control applications.
Customized offshore solutions include:
- electrical direct electrical-heating cables to keep pipelines flowing
- sheathings that resist sea salt, chemicals and “mud”
- advanced fire-performance products
- customized software for the optimal installation of dynamic risers.
Increasingly, Nexans is playing an important advisory and service role in the offshore world, which includes :
- seismic exploration,
- planning of ultra-deepwater architecture and technology,
- ROV operation,
- simulations and testing,
- telecommunications networks (including offshore Internet networks),
- oil-field infrastructure upgrades,
- training, maintenance,
- and even cable removal and recycling.
Nexans takes an integrated approach to your needs
- cables for all applications, from exploration and production, processing and transport
- full range of LV/MV/HV power cables for wells and platforms
- deepwater long-distance umbilicals with increased power capacity (up to 36kV)
- advanced fiber/copper WANs and LANs for shore-to-platform and inter-platform fiber-optic communication systems
- standard and interconnective solutions for high availability worldwide
- high performance in tough conditions, including heat, cold, saltwater, “mud,” and oil
- installation expertise for deepwater seafloor and seafloor-to-surface systems
- reduced weight and volume through XLPE cable designs
- superior fire performance to safeguard people and equipment
- full range of customized accessories, including wet-mate connector technologies
Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Central Europe
- France - Power Accessories
- Germany - Cryogenic Systems
- Italy Intercond
- Sweden - Axjo Kabel
- UK - Eshop
- UK - Power Accessories