Mixed General Shareholders’ Meeting held on May 15, 2012: Adoption of all resolutions proposed to vote Renewal of the Chairman and CEO mandate
Paris, May 15, 2012 – Nexans’ Mixed General Shareholders’ Meeting, held on May 15, 2012, has approved all resolutions proposed to vote. The results of the vote will be available online on Nexans’ website at www.nexans.com/ag2012 in the coming days.
The shareholders approved in particular resolutions related to the following subjects:
- the renewal of the Chairman and CEO Frédéric Vincent as director for a four-year term, his position of Chairman and CEO, confirmed by the Board held after the Shareholders’ Meeting;
- the renewal of Mrs. Colette Lewiner, independent director, and Mr. Guillermo Luksic, director proposed by the largest shareholder Madeco;
- the reinforcement of governance mechanisms through an amendment to the By-laws to allow 1) the Chairmen of Board Committees to convene a Board meeting to discuss an agenda as defined by them; 2) the appointment of a director representing employee shareholders;
- the delegation given to the Board of Directors to implement a performance share plan as part of the long-term compensation policy for Group managers, under conditions already defined by the Board and made public.
Moreover, the shareholders approved the payment of a dividend of 1.10 euro per share, to be paid on May 23, 2012 (ex-dividend date: May 18, 2012 at the opening of the NYSE Euronext Paris).
The General Meeting was webcast live in its entirety on Nexans’ website at www.nexans.com, in French with simultaneous English translation.
- June 6, 2012: Individual shareholder information meeting in Tours*
- July 25, 2012: 2012 First-half financial results (pre-market)
- October 9, 2012: Individual shareholder meeting in Annecy*
* Tentative date subject to change
With energy at the basis of its development, Nexans, worldwide expert in the cable industry, offers an extensive range of cables and cabling solutions. The Group is a global player in the energy transmission and distribution, industry and building markets. Nexans addresses a wide series of market segments: from energy and telecom networks to energy resources (wind turbines, photovoltaic, oil and gas or mining…) to transportation (shipbuilding, aerospace, automotive and automation, railways...). Nexans is a responsible industrial company that regards sustainable development as integral to its global and operational strategy. Continuous innovation in products, solutions and services, employee development and commitment, customer orientation and the introduction of safe industrial processes with limited environmental impact are among the key initiatives that place Nexans at the core of a sustainable future. With an industrial presence in 40 countries and commercial activities worldwide, Nexans employs 25,000 people and had sales in 2011 of 7 billion euros. Nexans is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris, compartment A. For more information, please consult: www.nexans.com or www.nexans.mobi