Cancellation of Treasury Shares - Notice of the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting
Paris, 7 April 2006 - Nexans’ Board of Directors, who met on 29 March 2006, decided:
- to cancel all 2,221,199 treasury shares held by the Company on such date (representing approximately 9.4% of the share capital), to simplify the Group’ s balance sheet,
- to hold the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting (on second call) on
Monday, 15 May 2006, at 3.30 p.m., in the auditorium of the Musée du Louvre, 75001 Paris (access via the pyramid of the Musée du Louvre)
Notice of this Annual Shareholders’ Meeting, as well as the agenda and the text of the proposed resolutions for the meeting, were published in the Bulletin des Annonces Légales Obligatoires (“BALO”) on 5 April 2006.
A copy of the notice of the meeting, together with the report to be made by the Board of Directors to the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting and Nexans’ 2005 Annual Report, are available online.
2006 Financial Calendar
- 26 April 2006: publication of the 2006 first quarter sales
- 15 May 2006: Annual Shareholders Meeting (on second call)
- 19 May 2006: payment of the dividend
- 25 July 2006: publication of the 2006 first-half results and sales
Nexans is the worldwide leader in the cable industry. The Group brings an extensive range of advanced copper and optical fiber cable solutions to the infrastructure, industry and building markets. Nexans cables and cabling systems can be found in every area of people’s lives, from telecommunications and energy networks, to aerospace, automotive, railways, building, petrochemical, medical applications, etc. With an industrial presence in 29 countries and commercial activities worldwide, Nexans employs 20,000 people and had sales in 2005 of 5.4 billion euros. Nexans is listed on the Paris stock exchange. More information on www.nexans.com