XLPE cables to increase security of power supply in Denmark
- Installation of 290 km of Nexans’ XLPE cables as part of ENERGINET.DK’s JFK & Storstrømmen project.
- Nexans will supply two submarine cable systems and two underground cable systems
- The JFK & Storstrømmen project is part of a Danish national initiative to move the majority of power cables underground by 2030. The Cable Action Plan will see 2,900 km of new power lines installed as underground cables and replacement of 3,200 km of existing 132 kV and 150 kV overhead lines.
- 150 kV single core XLPE underground 3-phase cable system
- 3-core 150 kV XLPE submarine cables