High Temperature Lo-Sag OHL conductors reinforce National Grid (UK)
National Grid, the largest UK TSO, is currently defining an internal specification for High Temperature Lo-Sag (HTLS) solutions, through qualification procedures and type approval.
- Initial definition, as no TSO specifications exist in the UK for such innovative conductors
- Upgrading existing OHL, without reinforcing actual infrastructures, to support higher ampacity lines and lower noise options than currently available, are the main goals of National Grid
- Define installation criteria and train National Grid teams on complete system handling/usage
- Nexans proposes a State-of-the-Art ACPR Lo-Sag composite core OHL solution
- This solution upgrades the existing infrastructure and supports higher ampacity lines and lower noise as required by National Grid, thanks to the PLUS technology
- PLUS technology treatment has no adverse effect on the aluminum wires, they remain easy to connect and have a long lasting durability over time.
- It maximizes existing infrastructure and reduces TCO
- Qualification followed by live line trial and Type Registration