For many years now, Nexans has developed microcables customized for health care. Apart from our accumulated knowhow and process capabilities, we have a dedicated workshop to meet future miniaturization needs in the medical field.
Applications: catheters, cardio-vascular probes or any other medical devices where limited space is an issue.
Nexans capabilities in healthcare
Nexans microcables can meet miniaturization requirements with very small conductors , shield wires as well as ultra thin insulation and sheath.
Other advantages: flexibility, mechanical strength, lightweight, electromagnetic immunity and good solderability.
- Multi-pairs, multi-conductors, micro-coax
- Miniaturization down to AWG44.
- High coverage silver plated copper spun or braided wires, miniaturized down to AWG48.
- Fluoropolymer jacket
- Can withstand all sterilization processes
- Biocompatibility: medical grade materials ; FDA approval