Offshore Wind Farm
- The London Array contains 175 wind mills and two offshore substations that will collect the power for transfer into the British Grid through submarine cables.
- The wind farm will generate up to 630MW, enough power for over 470.000 homes when the park is fully operational in the spring of 2013.
- The wind farm is located in the North Sea in low depth 20 km away from the Kent and Essex shores in England.
The customer’s challenge:
- London Array is the world’s largest Wind farm so far, with a possibility of being extended to up to 870MW.
- The export substations are collecting power form all of the windmills and the power is transferred through the export cable to the substation onshore.
- The export cables are burried in the sea bed which is at a depth of 0 – 25m.