Significant upgrade of Kahramaa network infrastructure in Qatar
- As part of the “2030 Qatar Vision” strategic plan, Kahramaa makes significant efforts to upgrade Qatar’s Power Transmission System
- Kahramaa signed a frame agreement, worth approx. 100 million Euro, for the supply of medium and low voltage cables with Nexans
- Demand for electricity is expected to grow by almost 50% by 2020
- This creates a pressing need to upgrade network infrastructure and add further capacity to the grid
- Nexans cables will connect new sub-stations to infrastructure-oriented projects such as Doha Ports, Doha Rail and Metro projects.
- Nexans’ QICC plant will deliver over 2.000 km of cable
- The competitiveness of Nexans’ offering and our high standards of quality and service have been key in Kahramaa’s choice