Oil & gas challenges
Today, energy demands are driving development in offshore and unconventional sources for oil & gas. This means that investment will be flowing into the sector. However, IOCs need to be rigorous in their capital spending.
Offshore projects cost escalation can easily compromise the viability of new projects and oilfield expansion. That is why meticulous project execution, a value-enriching offer, advanced engineering skills and services are more important today than ever before.
Oil company planning budgets assume that increased spending will generate profits, but they want projects to start up on time and perform to expectation in constantly changing conditions.
That requires high-performance equipment, easier installation, turnkey electrical systems, and a host of services to guarantee end-to-end quality, especially in terms of supply chain commitments and engineering support.
Cables are at the very heart of improving performance and contribute to creating new capabilities.
Both offshore topside and land drilling installations are based on high-quality power, control and VFD cables that are reliable and energy-efficient under the toughest operating conditions. They also need advanced LANs, fieldbus and fiber-based technologies to meet digital oilfield applications and remote drilling operations.
What do you expect from a cable manufacturer?
- Full range of power, control and instrumentation cables
- Data cables to control multiple wellheads and mechanical systems
- Safety, high-reliability, and low-maintenance for nonstop production
- Cables that can operate in remote and extreme climatic conditions
- On Time Delivery to face emergency situations and to limit operational downtime
- Pre-cuts, pre-assembly and connectors to facilitate installation
- Multi-standard capability to deliver the right certified cable worldwide
- Specialized services and engineering support to meet project-specific requirements