ODF Solution - N3S
Nexans Space Saving Solution
Build your FTTH network with KINOPTIC solutions
Short description of the solution
Nexans Space Saving Solution = N3S
Nexans N3S Space Saving Solution for easy, flexible and compact patching, terminating and splicing of optical fibres.
N3S is a modular system for terminating a large number of optical fibres in a small floor space. The system consists of patching frame, splice frame (not a splice box on the wall), splice module, patch modules and a complete solution for handling patch cords and cables.
Three different sizes of frame are available, 2200 mm, 2000 mm and 1800 mm (the height of the cable ladder is to be added). The 600 mm width and the 300 mm depth are the same for all three heights.
Two alternative systems solutions are available, N3S-system S with integrated splice frame and N3S-system TS with separately located splice frame.
All subcomponents are easy to reach and are accessible from the front.
There is no rigid order of assembly for the preterminated subracks, patches and cables.
Individual preterminated subracks and patch cables can easily be taken in and out of the frame during operation.
Advantages of the solution
- N3S frames are supplied assembled and ready for installation
- They can be installed free standing, against a wall or back-to-back. Secured with just four screws in the floor.
- Easy cabling and fixing of the preterminated subrack: “two screws in the frame” Flexible and easy to use
- All subcomponents are easy to reach and are accessible from the front
- There is no rigid order of assembly for the preterminated subracks, patches and cables
- Individual preterminated subracks and patch cables can easily be taken in and out of the frame during operation
Benefits of the solution
- With a footprint of 600x300 mm there is room for up to 7,680 fibre splices
- The same surface area accommodates 1,536 contacts with associated cable and patch cord management
- No access is needed to the rear of the frames. This means that two N3S frames can be assembled “back-to-back” with a footprint of 600x600 mm
- Three times faster to install than equivalent systems on the market
- Quick and easy operation and maintenance
- Compact and space saving design
- Can be extended from 48 to 1,536 fibres in one frame
- Frames can be combined in stages as capacity needs grow
- Saves space in the facility for future needs
Components & installations
Scheme of a typical installation